NOTE – In the light of current government advice, and that from British Cycling and Cycling UK, all normal club rides are suspended at present. However, we are now carrying out club rides on Zwift – email [email protected] for details.
Our Social Rides lie at the very heart of the club. We have lots of beautiful countryside near to Farnborough and Camberley that we like to explore.
This page details our on-road rides. For off-road rides please see our off-road section.
Why ride with a club? See (Nearly) One Year and Counting – A New Member’s Tale.
|Day||Ride||Start Time||Cafe Stop||Distance||Speed||Ride Leader(s)|
|Sunday||Gentle Pace Social Ride||9:30 am||Yes||35 – 40 miles||13 – 14 mph||Chris Bagust
|Sunday||Mid Pace Social Ride||9:30 am||Yes||40 – 55 miles||14.5 – 15.5 mph||Tony Garmston
|Sunday||Quick Pace Social Ride||9:30 am|
(10:00 am during winter)
|Yes||45 – 60 miles||16.0 – 17.5 mph||Conor Boyle
|Sunday||Fast Pace Social Ride||9:30 am||Yes||45 – 60 miles||18.0+ mph||Tony Morancie|
|Sunday||Fast Pace Non-Stop Ride||9:30 am||No||50 – 60 miles||18.0+ mph||Decided by the group on the day|
|Wednesday||Gentle Pace Social Ride||9:30 am||Yes||35 – 40 miles||13 – 14 mph||Chris Bagust
- No-one is dropped and the pace adjusted to that of the slowest in the group.
- Riding is in groups of no more than 8 or 10 riders (numbers in excess of this will be split accordingly).
- All rides start in the same place – we meet under the railway arch next to Speedy’s Chinese Takeaway at the top of West Heath Road in Farnborough. Click here for a map
- All participants are expected to be familiar with and follow our Club Run Guidelines.
- Non-members are always welcome to come along and try out our rides before joining the club.
- In addition to the regular rides above, we can sometimes also arrange beginner’s rides over a shorter distance. So if you’d like to join in but feel that even 35 miles is too far, then get in touch and we’ll see if we can help you out.
- Email [email protected] with any questions you may have.
All riders participating in Club Rides must be familiar with the contents of:
IMPORTANT NOTE: All riders ride as individuals with responsibility for their own actions and entirely at their own risk. The club strongly recommends riders consider their own insurance cover, at the very minimum for third-party liability, and recommend the third-party insurance provided to members of British Cycling or Cycling UK.
Riders should also consider whether they need additional cover for risks such as loss of income if injured following an accident.