The next Club TT is the FCCC 10 mile ROAD BIKE Club Championship.
A club trophy will be awarded (not on the night) to both the fastest male and the fastest female road bike rider for the annual championships incorporated into our next club TT at 1900 on 22nd June.
As per usual the club TT is open to members and non-members riding either TT or road bikes but only FCCC first claim members riding ROAD BIKES in the event will be eligible for the road bike championships.
This will be held on the HCC216a course starting in Franklin Avenue, Hartley Wintney. with first rider off at 1901. Course details here.
There are only a few criteria that must be followed in order to be eligible for the road bike championships (please note these differ in some areas from the CTT definition of a road bike):
- No tri bars or clip on bars or spinaci bars
- No disc or tri spoke wheels
- Wheel rims no deeper than 65mm
- No visors or TT specific helmets
- Hands must be holding the handlebars at all times while racing (i.e. not with forearms resting on the handlebar) – any riders seen doing this are likely to be disqualified.
- And in case you’re wondering, racesuits/skinsuits are allowed.
Ladies and mens trophies are up for grabs for first claim members.
CTT REGULATION 14(i) and 14(j): No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to their machine a working front and rear red light, either flashing or constant, that is illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
NO LIGHTS – NO RIDE – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Results will be available on the night via the Resultsheet app. QR code available, or follow this link.