This week’s Club TT is the Club Road Bike Only Championships, and is on the HCC216a course (follow this link for the course map https://www.plotaroute.com/route/198873), starting in Franklin Avenue, on 23th June 2022 at 19.00hrs.
There are only a few criteria that must be followed in order to be eligible for the road bike championships:
• No tri bars or clip on bars or spinaci bars
• No disc or tri spoke wheels
• Wheel rims no deeper than 65mm
• No visors or TT specific helmets
• Hands must be holding the handlebars at all times while racing (i.e. not with forearms resting on the handlebar) – any riders seen doing this are likely to be disqualified.
• And in case you’re wondering, racesuits/skinsuits are allowed.
Ladies, mens and veterans trophies are up for grabs for First Claim members.
Club TT events are open to all.
Entrance is free to club members and £5 to non-members (payable at sign-on).
Sign-on is from 20 minutes prior to the start time and will close 5 minutes prior to the start time.
These are now “turn up and ride” events but field sizes will be restricted so entry is on a first come, first served basis.
You are asked to park and then ride up to the start area.
Helmets, front lights and rear lights are now compulsory to participate in any TT event – make sure you have them all or you will not be able to ride.
There is no pushing-off.
IF YOU ARE FEELING AT ALL UNWELL DO NOT TAKE PART IN THE EVENT.