The club has a very full Time Trials (TT) schedule in both open and club categories attracting riders from across the South East. Club events are open to all riders including non members, whilst open events are for riders from all CTT affiliated clubs.
Riding a TT is often a first step into competitive road cycling. Competitors (individuals or teams) set off at intervals and are timed over a fixed distance course. A time trial can be a test of a rider’s ability to beat earlier personal best whilst also being a race in which riders compare their performances to others. There are few tactics; in a time trial you ride against the watch – with no one to slipstream or set the pace. A special bike is not essential.
For club events you can just turn-up, pay your entry fee (£2 for members - £3 for non-members) and ride. Open events have to be booked in advance.
FCCC Time Trial Courses
We have 9 set TT courses and you can view them in more detail (including where to park) here.
- 10 miles:- North of Hartley Wintney, Heckfield, Mattingley, Hook, Phoenix Green (HCC216).
- 10 miles:- Fast downhill start from Ewshott, A287 along Odiham bypass and return to near Bowling Alley (HCC175).
- 8.5 miles:_ Winchfield, loop of Odiham bypass and back (HCC255).
- 25 miles:- A31 west of Farnham to Chawton and back (H25/88).
- 25 miles:- Bentley, Farnham. Holybourne (H25/8).
- 8 miles:- A31 Bentley, Chawton, Farnham, Holybourne, Bentley (H30/8).
- 20km:- Hartford Bridge, Eversley, Heckfield, Hook, Phoenix Green (HCC257).
- 10 miles:- A31 near Bentley to Holybourne (H10/8).
- This is the hill climb course used by the club, starting just north of Holybourne and climbing Brockham Hill Lane (HHC018).
TT Events and Results
For a calendar of our TT events click here.
Past results can be found here.
2015 Club Time Trial Calendar
Designated dates for club championships are in bold
CTT Handbooks - 2015
I now have the CTT handbooks for 2015.
~I will bring them to the AGM.
Cover price £9.00 + £1.50 p&p. Price to club members only £8.50.
Brian Hygate riding the Monsal Hill Climb - 2015
Surrey League 4 Up TT
This 34 mile event will take place on the combined Alfold/Kirdford Circuits and the HQ is at Alfold Village Hall on 6th September 1:30pm.
The teams can be Mens, Womens, Mixed, Vets, Juniors, Under 23, etc.
If you would like to take part or are able to help coordinate a team for the event, please contact Bob