The club has a very full Time Trials (TT) schedule in both open and club categories attracting riders from across the South East. Club events are open to all riders including non members, whilst open events are for riders from all CTT affiliated clubs.
Riding a TT is often a first step into competitive road cycling. Competitors (individuals or teams) set off at intervals and are timed over a fixed distance course. A time trial can be a test of a rider’s ability to beat earlier personal best whilst also being a race in which riders compare their performances to others. There are few tactics; in a time trial you ride against the watch – with no one to slipstream or set the pace. A special bike is not essential.
For club events you can just turn-up, pay your entry fee (£2 for members - £3 for non-members) and ride. Open events have to be booked in advance.
FCCC Time Trial Courses
We have 9 set TT courses and you can view them in more detail (including where to park) here.
- 10 miles:- North of Hartley Wintney, Heckfield, Mattingley, Hook, Phoenix Green (HCC216).
- 10 miles:- Fast downhill start from Ewshott, A287 along Odiham bypass and return to near Bowling Alley (HCC175).
- 8.5 miles:_ Winchfield, loop of Odiham bypass and back (HCC255).
- 25 miles:- A31 west of Farnham to Chawton and back (H25/88).
- 25 miles:- Bentley, Farnham. Holybourne (H25/8).
- 8 miles:- A31 Bentley, Chawton, Farnham, Holybourne, Bentley (H30/8).
- 20km:- Hartford Bridge, Eversley, Heckfield, Hook, Phoenix Green (HCC257).
- 10 miles:- A31 near Bentley to Holybourne (H10/8).
- This is the hill climb course used by the club, starting just north of Holybourne and climbing Brockham Hill Lane (HHC018).
TT Events and Results
For a calendar of our TT events click here.
Past results can be found here.
TT Events List 2016
2016 List of Time Trials
Events are Type-B unless otherwise indicated
|02-Jun-2016 19:00||HCC216a||Club 10 Championship|
|02-Jul-2016 14:00||H10/8||Type-A District Event|
|10-Sep-2016 10:00||H25/88||Club 25 Championship|
The club 30 championship is the WlCA 30 event on July 31st (submit cliams to D. Ashton with result sheet)
The club 50 championship is the WLCA 50 event on July 10th (submit claims to D. Ashton with result sheet)
2015 Club Time Trial Calendar
Designated dates for club championships are in bold
Brian Hygate riding the Monsal Hill Climb - 2015
CTT Handbooks - 2015
I now have the CTT handbooks for 2015.
~I will bring them to the AGM.
Cover price £9.00 + £1.50 p&p. Price to club members only £8.50.