The club has a very full Time Trials (TT) schedule in both open and club categories attracting riders from across the South East. Club events are open to all riders including non members, whilst open events are for riders from all CTT affiliated clubs.
Riding a TT is often a first step into competitive road cycling. Competitors (individuals or teams) set off at intervals and are timed over a fixed distance course. A time trial can be a test of a rider’s ability to beat earlier personal best whilst also being a race in which riders compare their performances to others. There are few tactics; in a time trial you ride against the watch – with no one to slipstream or set the pace. A special bike is not essential.
For club events you can just turn-up, pay your entry fee (£2 for members - £3 for non-members) and ride. Open events have to be booked in advance.
FCCC Time Trial Courses
We have 9 set TT courses and you can view them in more detail (including where to park) here.
- 10 miles:- North of Hartley Wintney, Heckfield, Mattingley, Hook, Phoenix Green (HCC216).
- 10 miles:- Fast downhill start from Ewshott, A287 along Odiham bypass and return to near Bowling Alley (HCC175).
- 8.5 miles:_ Winchfield, loop of Odiham bypass and back (HCC255).
- 25 miles:- A31 west of Farnham to Chawton and back (H25/88).
- 25 miles:- Bentley, Farnham. Holybourne (H25/8).
- 8 miles:- A31 Bentley, Chawton, Farnham, Holybourne, Bentley (H30/8).
- 20km:- Hartford Bridge, Eversley, Heckfield, Hook, Phoenix Green (HCC257).
- 10 miles:- A31 near Bentley to Holybourne (H10/8).
- This is the hill climb course used by the club, starting just north of Holybourne and climbing Brockham Hill Lane (HHC018).
TT Events and Results
For a calendar of our TT events click here.
Past results can be found here.
Pictures from Reading CC 10 last Saturday
Two FCCC riders in the event plus the finish timekeeper.
Farnham RC 4-up and 2-Up
Congratulations to the FCCC team on the Farnham Road Club event this weekend and thanks to Paul for some excellent photos - the originals are in the gallery. (Official time was 1:01:03).
TT Plus Times
We recently had an enquiry about the 'Plus times' that we are publishing in our results. These are the difference between the VTTA standards for a rider of the same age as the competitor.
Donald, our TT secretary, has had trouble getting the formula used for this process, so the results currently shown in our articles and tables are in line with the 2012 system. He is planning an upgrade to the 2013 system.