|Welcome to the FCCC web site. The club caters for all cycling enthusiasts, from new riders through to those entering sportives, road races and time trials. For a very reasonable fee, members get access to a number of benefits, including discounts, reduced event costs and full access to the club forums, presentations and meetings and social events, in addition to a number of organised rides. There are social / novice rides on Wednesdays and Sundays plus a range of midweek and weekend training rides. We have a regular newsletter and you can subscribe even if you are not a member.||
Update from British Cycling
British Cycling have contacted the club about some upcoming sessions that they're running. All of these are looking pretty interesting so register your interest quickly.
- If you're between 14 and 18 and interested in coaching or officiating then the Cycling Award for Young Volunteers (CAYV) has some places available for the 2nd of January at Cyclopark. There are some more details at http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/youngvolunteers
- There are some track sessions coming up between January and March for club members aged between 12 and 18. Places are limited...
- There are also some sessions for adults on the 4th of Jan, 15th of Feb, and the 29th of March. These are taking place at Lee Valley and places are also limited...
If you are interested in taking part with any of these sessions, contact Nigel as soon as possible.
Committee Minutes and Clubman of the Year
I have posted the minutes of the Committee Meeting on 10th December.
It's Trophy Time!
Charles is organising this year's trophies and needs your input for a couple of awards:
- We would like nominations for 'Club Man of the Year'. If you have someone in mind that you think has been outstanding for the club, please send in a nomination
- If you've been taking part in sportives and would like to be considered for the sportive trophies, can you send in the sportives you've taken part in and the mileage you've covered
You can send your nominations or mileage to Charles using his contact form.
If you were a recipient of a trophy last year, could you organise returning it to Charles so that its ready for presentation.
2014 12 13 - Saturday Club Time Trials
|Dec 13||H10/8||10 m|
|1||4||0h26'22"||Mr C Perkins||Cranleigh CC|
|2||3||0h27'04"||+0h00'28"||Mr D Welling||Farnham RC|
|3||2||0h27'35"||+0h00'09"||Mr R Chapman||Farnham RC|
|4||6||0h29'13"||Mr T Vanderluis||Farnborough & Camberley CC|
|5||7||0h29'17"||-0h01'51"||Mr M Vanderluis||Farnborough & Camberley CC|
|6||5||0h29'57"||Mr C Gray||Farnborough & Camberley CC|
|1||0h28'00"||Team Rice||Farnham RC|
|Mr M Rice||Farnham RC|
|Mrs D Rice||Farnham RC|
Annual Dinner & Prizegiving 2015
It's a perfect time to meet up with other club members sans lycra and look forward to a new year of cycling.
The menu is:
- Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
- Char-grilled Butterflied Chicken Breast Pesto Cream
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Caramel Sauce followed by Coffee & chocolate mints
There are alternative options if you're a vegetarian or have other food sensitivites.
A ticket for the meal is £25 unless you're a prize winner where, further congratulations, you win a ticket too. Book your place now in the Calendar - guest places can also be purchased. For those who cannot book online, please contact Dick.
Ever Thought of Being a Cycle Coach?
The club is looking for a member who:
- Is interested in helping develop the next generation of cyclists
- Can spare two hours on a Saturday morning at least once a month
If the answer is YES, would you be interested in attending a British Cycling Level 1 Coach Course, to be organised locally during Q1 2015?
Then either come down to the club evening on the 2nd of Janurary where Nigel Fletcher will tell you all about whats involved. If you're interested but can't make the meeting, drop Nigel a note via the site.
Membership & Ladies Update!
Thanks to Mike O'Donovan for coming forward to take up the position of Membership Secretary. As he probably won't be at the AGM, I'll take this opportunity, on behalf of the club, to thank Alan for his big contribution in moving the club from 47 at the AGM in 2010 to 233 at the end of the Financial year on 30th November. I'm hoping he gets back on his bike in the future to project manage us again!
Thanks also to Linda Hurst for coming forward as our new Ladies Secretary. If you have ideas for activities, or enquiries, please contact her.
That leaves just two vacancies - one for General Secretary (mainly taking the minutes at committee meetings, in these days of email) and volunteer coordinator. For more info about the jobs, please contact me.
2014 11 08 - Saturday Club Time Trials
|Nov 8||CC175||10 m|
|1||1||0h20'41"||Mr D Woodhouse||Twickenham CC|
|2||2||0h21'35"||Mr C Pearce||Cambridge CC|
|3||4||0h22'59"||Mr N Hocking||Wyndymilla|
|4||3||0h27'12"||Mr G Bounds||Farnborough & Camberley CC|
Belated Mid-term Report
I wanted to give a brief catch-up on the club's progress since the AGM. It's a bit late as I have been very busy because of some changes in work that are severely limiting my time for club activity (and riding :-( ).
- General Secretary
- Social Secretary Thanks to Matt for coming forward to take this job on!
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Ladies Secretary