Font Size

SCREEN

Cpanel

Farnborough & Camberley Cycling Club Forum

A forum for members of the club and others. You need to be a member of the club to post.
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:38 pm 
as every one will have seen in the forums concerning rides me and caroline were looking to sort out mid paced rides on a sunday .
hopefully we will get some more people on board to help move this forward .
we are looking at rides of 40/50 miles in distant and with speeds being about 14/16 miles an hour [being able to ride and talk with out being out of breath] .
lve been given a list of rides and i think caroline knows a few courses as well as me , so we will have a complete mixed bag of rides .
but would love more people coming on board and putting rides forward and distances , and also leading the rides .
i want this to be a group thing so every one picks the rides and distances .
but what we need is numbers now people who want to go out on mid paced rides , and who will put there name forwards .
theres enough people in the club to make this and every ones group rides better .
so please folfs more ideas and help to get this off the ground .
thanks
kevin
if you want to send me an email please do .
caleb0marnie@ntlworld.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:10 pm 
Div2 Pro

Thanks Kevin. I had started a separate topic but will probably delete that as it is now a duplicate.

Please keep me informed as I have the challenge of ensuring that dates, times and other details get onto the website and into rides lists and calendar.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:13 am 
Div2 Pro

From Caroline's post on Gareth's thread:
Quote:
What I think is needed is an additional 0900ish ride without a cafe stop, in the region of 15mph (+1/-0) of around 50 miles, to be back in Farnborough by 1pm. Basically the same as the Saturday tranining ride (which unfortuantly due to people commitments has curerntly fallen by the wayside). This would I would have thought be a good medium ride to get some longer miles in but for those who need to be home at lunchtime, and don't fancy the 'faster' 0900 ride.

I would envisage this as something of a stepping stone between the 10am 'newbies' ride and the 0900 'faster' ride, which in my view is where the gap is currently? Thoughts?

So can we work on this basis? (I'm assuming Sunday, 9am, Speedys).

Any more offers to help on this ride?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm 
thanks for the reply alan . i was looking at 9.30 start ,but with a cafe stop .lve spoken to a few on the sunday rides and most would like a cafe stop .
but with a faster ride than rons group but not as fast as martins .
really think people need to come forward and start saying what they want in a mid speed ride .
theres always people saying what they want but they need to get on the forum and start talking about this .
if caroline wants a fast ride i go out some saturdays for about 2 hours none stop round seal/pirbright way so lm up for that .
is there any way to send emails to all members concerning the mid speed ride and get peoples feed back on this ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:44 pm 
Div2 Pro

I agree Kevin, we need to get more input from members. I can put an article on the website and also send it out in a newsletter, asking for input and ideas. I don't think many members read the forums regularly - more read the newsletter. Thanks for your ideas and offers to help.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 pm 
i will be out sunday either on rons group or martins [depending on where hes going ] . so will chat to a few people then .
speak soon kevin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:39 pm 
Div2 Pro

hi I'm new to the club and will be attending on sunday for my first ride with the club , with all the talk of various rides etc what time should i meet on sunday for the mid paced ride over 50 miles ? thanks in advance :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:43 am 
Div2 Pro

Hi, sorry for any confusion. There is a list of all club rides here:
http://www.fccc.org.uk/rides/club-runs/ ... club-rides
It's automatically updated. Apart from the chaingang rides, the start point is West Heath roundabout in Cove, know as "Speedys" after the take-away there.
This topic is discussiong the possibility of an additioal ride but we are not there yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:03 pm 
2nd Cat

First off, let me propose a huge vote of thanks to Ron, ably assisted by John Barker on many occasions :worthy:, for taking the Sunday 'social' ride which provides such a valuable introduction to the club for new, inexperienced riders or even 'returning oldies' which included me nearly two years ago. The distance or ride duration which sometimes proved a bit of a struggle for me back then, has now become a relative piece of cake, so this proves the value of retaining the social ride, irrespective of whatever other rides are organised in the future.

Because I feel that I'm now capable of 'a bit more' in riding terms, I would be in favour of joining a ride with the following characteristics:

9.00 or 9.30 start from Speedys on Sundays
Approx. 45-50 miles or up to 3 hours' riding time according to terrain
A brief cafe stop of say 20 mins or maximum 30 mins
Based on the above, getting back to Speedys by 1.00 pm latest, which allows more time for other things during Sunday pm :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 pm 
thanks for the reply , wont be out this sunday coming but out on the next sunday .
if people want a mid paced ride on that sunday please get in touch .
will sort some think out tops 50 but a bit less .
lve got a good course meet at speedys then of to seale then elstead [but up the donkey] . then over towards churt then up to the punch bowl cafe .
on the way back drop down to churt then hang left into elstead then back home .
if we get a few out that will be a start , then hopefully with in time people can get a bit more fitter to go out with martin .
willing to lead a few rides but other people need to put ideas on the table also .
was also hoping to get a fish and chip ride in august to littlehampton .
some people are up for that and it would be great to get every one out on this ride . even getting in other clubs to join the ride down to the coast .
its about 108 miles from speedys return but was looking at other groups meeting up on the way . so some could join at seal others at haslemere .i would start from haslemere , as haslemere and littlehampton the haslemere works out at about 60 miles .
but will post on that ride in a few weeks .