Font Size

SCREEN

Cpanel

Farnborough & Camberley Cycling Club Forum

A forum for members of the club and others. You need to be a member of the club to post.
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:58 pm 
1st Cat

After the success of Gareth's winter chaingangs and now with the approach of summer (not that you would believe it today) this is advanced notice of the plan for summer evening chaingangs. After the clocks change there is a club time trial every Thursday evening (see calendar for timings and details) so the plan is to move the chaingang to Tuesday nights.

At the moment the plan is the same route/timings etc as has been happening for the last couple of months, see this thread for previous details: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1187

Any suggestions/thoughts/comments most welcome along with any offers from the 'regulars' to lead on a nominated Tuesday :) Hopefully with the lighter, warmer weather we can start to see some more people out on the road. :thumbup:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 am 
2nd Cat

Caroline H wrote:
After the success of Gareth's winter chaingangs and now with the approach of summer (not that you would believe it today) this is advanced notice of the plan for summer evening chaingangs. After the clocks change there is a club time trial every Thursday evening (see calendar for timings and details) so the plan is to move the chaingang to Tuesday nights.

At the moment the plan is the same route/timings etc as has been happening for the last couple of months, see this thread for previous details: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1187

Any suggestions/thoughts/comments most welcome along with any offers from the 'regulars' to lead on a nominated Tuesday :) Hopefully with the lighter, warmer weather we can start to see some more people out on the road. :thumbup:

Please, any night bar Tuesday's :thumbdown: :sadno: That's my boys Cubs night. :headbang:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 pm 

this may be the problem with midweek evening riding, Monday is the night Reading track league is run, Tuesday is the night when goodwood circuit races are run, wednesday is the night eelmore circuit races are run while thursdays are a club tt night, no-one wants to ride on a friday, monday is too close to the weekend anyway, Wednesday would be a good option and can be suggested if unless anyone has any objections.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:03 pm 
2nd Cat

Wednesday night would be absolutely great for me :thumbup: I would really like to keep up the chaingang as I've really enjoyed them so far!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm 
1st Cat

However Wednesday nights would leave completely shot legs for Thursday TT's and I for one know that I would struggle to do two nights in a row. Whereas Tuesday's gives hard rides on Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday. (Wednesday is the only day that I can't do for example). I unfortunatly don't think that it is necessarily going to find a single night that suits everyone so unless we were to do something like alternate weeks I'm not sure how we can get it to work.

Caroline.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:35 am 
2nd Cat

Its a great idea to keep up the chain gangs, unfortunately the only days I can comfortably manage to do are Mondays/Wednesdays. :chinscratch: Unless its school holidays of course.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:21 am 
1st Cat

In light of the Wednesday run are there any takers for a tuesday? I would be out anyhow as I can't do a Wednesday. Would there be any benefit in having a chain-gang lite concept as was proposed previously? Maybe slightly less fast paced than the winter chain gang?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:29 am 
Elite

As the evenings get lighter, I would hope to do start doing some Tuesday chaingangs, if they are on.
When the Thursday TTs start, I'd like to do them fairly regularly, which would mean unlikely to want to chaingang on Wednesdays.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:34 am 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say 1st Thursday after the clocks change, early start, thought there was a link to the TT list but I can't find it. some one will post the relevant details,

group riding is a good idea, but it is also worth looking at some of the evening events, gives you a bit of confidence to try open events, which has to be worth a try, :chinscratch:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:37 am 
2nd Cat

The calendars got it down as Thursday the 29th March at 18.30.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next