Sunday, September 24
Unfortunately due to Ride Leader Jeff recovering from a broken hip we've had to cancel the remaining ride for this year but will look at running them again next year.
FCCC Adult Beginner/Novice Rides
The next ride will be on Sunday 30 July so if you haven’t already registered your interest then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This ride will start alongside our usual club rides from Speedys in Cove starting at 9.30am.
Just to recap our original post from June the aim of these rides is to introduce potential new members who are unsure about jumping straight into our entry level Sunday club social ride without knowing what that involves and how they can best prepare to join it.
The rides will be led by both male and female members of the club and will hopefully include a stop for coffee at a local cafe.
Open to both men and particularly to ladies we will be covering around 25 miles in distance at a speed that is comfortable for the slowest participant on the ride and will be stopping at various points to explain:
· Bike preparation and basic maintenance checks
· What to take with you on a ride
· How to change an inner tube in the event of a puncture
· How to ride safely in a group (where to look etc)
· Verbal calls and hand signals (pot holes and obstruction etc)
· You should be able to spend at least 2 hours on a bike
· Your bike should be in good roadworthy condition preferably with a rear light
· A cycle helmet
· Please bring a spare inner tube, tyre levers, pump and a bike multi-tool if you have one
· Water for hydration
· Money for coffee/refreshments
IMPORTANT NOTE: All riders ride as an individual with responsibility for their own actions and entirely at their own risk. The club strongly recommends riders consider their own insurance cover, at the very minimum for third-party liability and recommend the third-party insurance provided to members of British Cycling or Cycling UK.
Riders should also consider whether they need additional cover for risks such as loss of income if injured following an accident.
Don’t to forget to register your interest by emailing us at email@example.com